Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Braik Brothers--Going Green and Beyond

Hey Environmentalists!
Group member Chelsea, back to report to you my findings for hopefully our first webisode!
Today I had the pleasure of going to Braik Brothers Tree Care for our first official interview for our project! Braik Brothers prides themselves on being one of the first green projects ever in America! I got to talk with one of the brothers and co-owners, Dan Braik.
Dan took me around the property and told me all about their company and how they are going green. However, the weather was a bit of a problem. It was raining at the time of the interview so Dan took me around the property in his truck. The interview I did with him is while he is driving and showing me around the property. Also, all of the video of the trees, equipment, and mulch products are shot through the window. Although this was a problem I needed to overcome, I think it is a neat effect that all web users will enjoy!
I don't want to give anything away from our upcoming webisode, but I do want to share with you a little bit of what I found out today.
Braik Brothers is a way to reuse and recycle a material that in the future Dan says will be a very big commodity... wood. The company recycles every type ofproduct they use, and none of there wood every makes it into a land fill.Braik Brothers take trees and recycle them to make firewood, which in turn makes fuel.
The company helps remove trees that are dying and still uses their living parts. They turn the trees into mulch and animal pellets. Also, the company is working with the University of Missouri Researchers to test organic fertilizers and see what works best with the environment. Recycling is a huge part of the Braik Brothers Tree Company, and there hopes to expand will only further benefit the Mid-Missouri community! Want to learn more? Our webisode should be up shortly!

In the meantime, STAY GREEN 573!

--Chelsea--

No comments:

Post a Comment